The ELSEDIMA (Environmental Legislation, Safety Engineering and Disaster Management) Conference is already a well known name. The Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering within Babeş-Bolyai University, in cooperation with Ministry of Internal Affairs - General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations have been organizing ELSEDIMA since 2001.
This international scientifical reunion’s remarkable amplitude and importance are illustrated both by organisation, participation, thematic, all the major objectives of the conference having been achieved: creating an internal and international cooperation basis for implementation of the Seveso Directives (dangerous substances industrial accidents), the analysis of the essential aspects regarding the integrated prevention and pollution control (IPPC) and the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED).
The events focused on some target groups with responsibilities in the field: academic milieu, industry (stakeholders representing risk sources by the specific of the activities they develop), competent authorities, civil society and local community.
- Environmental risk reduction
- Environmental safety management
- Natural hazards trigger technological accidents - NATECH
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Energy, environment and sustainable development
- Environmental radioactivity: measurements and assessments
- Risks associated to contaminated sites
- Exposure analysis and assessment
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Emergency situations management