DEVELOPMENT OF RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DISASTER MANAGEMENT BASED ON HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING
The objective of the project is to increase the research-development capacity of Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, through the development of disaster management based on high performance computing. Furthermore, new laboratories/research centres will be founded and the existing ones will be updated, with the aim of creating new work places, intensifying interdisciplinary research and optimising international cooperation.
The MADECIP project is a complex, multidisciplinary project, developed by a consortium of 8 faculties in Babes-Bolyai University: Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering, Faculty of Economics and Bussiness Administration, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences, Faculty of Geography, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Biology and Geology.
Duration of the project:
- Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Economics and Bussiness Administration
- Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
- Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Geography
- Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Biology and Geology.
- This project aimed to create a research network dealing with topics like causes of disasters, the effects generated by various disasters, appropriate management strategies, short-, medium- and long-term effects on the population, economy and environment and proposed management strategies for various types of disasters.
- The MADECIP project provided the framework for interdisciplinary research, setting the basis for addressing the challenges induced by the complex disaster management process, for ensuring adequate prevention and response to disasters, in accordance with the specific national requirements, but also with the concepts promoted by NATO and the European Union.